Saturday, October 15, 2011

Week 36

Week 36 was extra busy for me with the start of another round of astronaut debriefs.  I love what I do and that's due in large part to the time my team and I spend in International Space Station crewmember post flight debriefs that occur for 3 or 4 weeks following their return from 6 months (give or take) in space.  During this time we capture all kinds of interesting information regarding their experiences living on-orbit.  This will make for a busy last couple of weeks of pregnancy for me, but it will definitely make the time go by quickly.  Hubby is busy as always with work and just finished out another softball season. So things are officially starting to wind down for us in preparation for our sweet girl's arrival. Tomorrow he'll brew a new beer in honor of her arrival, an Imperial Stout, tentatively titled, "Willie the Elder."

Oh and the crewmember we are working with right now, Ron Garan, is a great guy and he promotes a great cause.  You can checkout Fragile Oasis here!  http://www.fragileoasis.org/
 WHAT ARE THE GOALS OF FRAGILE OASIS?
  • Use the unique orbital perspective to inspire people to improve life on our planet
  • Get the word out that the International Space Station is an incredible global asset
  • Highlight the scientific advancements being accomplished on the International Space Station
  • Inspire students to academic excellence
  • Give people the opportunity to experience living and working in space through the experiences of crewmembers living and working on the International Space Station, not just as spectators but also as fellow crewmembers.

I've been feeling pretty good. I still have a surprising large amount of energy and am still feeling pretty motivated to keep up with things.  I'm definitely not necessarily getting the best sleep and could do without the ba-jillion pee breaks and uncomfortableness in the middle of the night. But it's totally tolerable and I promise I'm not complaining.

At our 36 week check up on Monday, I showed no signs of being dilated, but the doctor said basically I'm ready to go at any time. I'm VERY curious to see if we are dilated at all at our appointment this coming Monday. There has been a whole lot of movement going on in my uterus and definitely feel some shifting going on in general, so I assume that means things are really starting to shift and prepare for delivery.  YIKES!

Not exactly a belly shot, but I was completely amused/claustrophobic the other night at how close my belly gets to a table now when sitting in a restaurant booth.  And you can see her little butt poking out a little more on the right side of my belly too. She does that often. I love it. :)
One thing that keeps me extra smiley is the opening of our local Pinkberry and an occasional (or maybe more than occasional :p) yummy treat from there.  We had a little date last night and hit up PB for dessert.  Hubby is a good sport for going with me even though I know the place totally gives him the creeps. He's even said today that he's up for going back again tonight with me, and of course we'll have to go after our last baby class on Monday night, and maybe mid week for a busy debrief week treat?!  Addicted much?  Could be worse things though, right?  And I always get mochi and mochi is good for lactation and digestion... How's that for rationale? :)
Hubby sharing in my PB joy. :)
Last nights magic combo - Original yogurt, mochi (of course), pineapple, strawberry swirl pearls, yogurt chips and a little squirt or two of swirly whip.  YUM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment