Monday, December 5, 2011

What's in a name?

I've had a lot of people ask throughout our pregnancy and even now.  So if you're wondering, our sweet girl is named after my great, great aunt Willie (Wilhelmina).  Growing up my wonderful Grandma Nancy used to tell us all kinds of stories about life growing up with her two aunts and mom. And for some reason, Aunt Willie and that name (long or short version) has always stuck with me and I've always loved it.  It's a big name for a little tiny girl, but she's got options for other nicknames too like Willa or Mina or even a different spelling like Wili or Willy.  But for now, Willie girl is totally sticking.  Holy moly, we are so in love.

Oh and we chose Grace, mostly because it is a beautiful name, but also in honor (once again) of my favorite singer Jeff Buckley.  If you didn't know, his most noteworthy and amazing album (one of my very favorites) is entitled Grace.  We also have a cat named Buckley.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment