Thursday, December 1, 2011

Music Matters

Music means so much to me. So I made a "Welcome Wilhelmina" playlist for the delivery room. While I remember some songs popping up here and there, some of it was a total blur. But I was pleasantly surprised to find that my iPod was left so that I could see exactly what songs played on shuffle during the time it was on in the hospital (thanks scotty!).  Here's a list of all the songs that played.  May be irrelevant to you, but it makes me ridiculously happy.  And as far as I can tell the baby was delivered somewhere between The Grateful Dead's "Uncle John's Band" and MuteMath's "Control.  Scott really likes The Dead and I love MuteMath, particularly this song.  And the refrain that repeats in this song is so perfect... "Such a Beautiful Surrender"  Seems totally fitting for the surreal experience of bringing a beautiful new baby girl into the world.  We couldn't be happier. :) 

Here's the list of songs, in order of when they played...

Banana pancakes - Jack Johnson, Flume - Sublime, Badfish - Sublime, Yours - Blues Traveler, For Emma - Bon Iver, Harvest moon - Neil Young, Things I cannot recall - Blind Pilot, White apple - Blind Pilot, New slang - The Shins, High road - Broken Bells, Half moon - Blind Pilot, Look at miss Ohio - Blind Pilot, Don't think twice it's alright - Bob Dylan, Mykonos - Pinback, Fortress - Pinback, Jacksonville - Sufjan Stevens, Somersault - Zero 7, That it moves - Greg Laswell, Baby you're my light - Richard Hawley, Last wine of winter - chris bathgate, Out/in - remy zero, Can you tell - ra ra riot, No ones gonna love you - band of horses,  Closer to fine - indigo girls, Go on say it - blind pilot, Spies - coldplay, Plans - bloc party, Coeur D'alene - the head and the heart, Let it be me - Ray la montagne, O my soul - daniel martin moore, The story I heard - blind pilot, Beautiful morning light - the fruit bats, Street spirit - radiohead, God willin and the creek dont rise - ray, I want to walk you home - paul mc cartney,  Don't panic - coldplay, Our swords - band of horses, It is well with my soul - Daniel Martin Moore, Oliver james - Fleet Foxes, Claire de lune - Lumiere String Quartet, Don't push - Sublime, Melissa - Allman Brothers, Ice cream - Sarah McLachlan, Everybody here wants you - Jeff Buckley (String Quartet Version), Fair - Remy Zero, Tiger mountain - Fleet Foxes, Lilac wine - Jeff Buckley, The shining - Badly Drawn Boy, Oh lately it's so quiet - OK Go, He doesn't know why - Fleet Foxes, Back drifts - Radiohead, Chinese baby - Clem Snide, Tell me why - Neil Young, The alder trees - Alela Diane, Barfly - Ray LaMontagne, Non photo blue - Pinback, Paradise - coldplay, Reptilia - strokes, Baby's - bon iver, Black star - radiohead, Blood bank - bon iver, Two weeks - grizzly bear, Keep u right - blind pilot, Strawberry swing - coldplay, The last parade on Ann street - chris bathgate, Goin home - dan auerbach,Chinese translation - m ward, Grown ocean - fleet foxes, Lady on the water - blitzen trapper, Oh lonesome me - neil young, Here comes the sun again - m ward, Your protector - fleet foxes, Be kind & remind - rogue wave, Last goodbye - jeff buckley string quartet, Loves lost guarantee - rogue wave, Finally - the frames, Everything in 2s - better than ezra, Tomorrow tomorrow - elliott smith, My love - justin timberlake, Daughters - john mayer, Sullen girl - fiona apple, I and love and you - avett brothers, Red right ankle - decemberists, Can't u see - marshall tucker band, Better together - jack johnson, Young bride - midlake, Sparrow And the wolf - james vincent mcmorrow, Out at sea - heartless bastards, She's only happy in sun- ben harper, U are best thing - ray, Black candle - iron & wine, Grey room - damien rice, First day of my life - bright eyes, How it ends - devotchka, Wordless chorus - my morning jacket, Teach your children - crosby stills nash, Lorelai - fleet foxes, For annabelle - band of horses, Flightless bird - iron & wine, 5446 - sublime, Creep - radiohead, Lullabye - grizzly bear, Soon we'll be found - sia, Into the mystic - greg laswell, Home - edward sharpe & the magnetic zeros, Blue ridge mountains  fleet foxes, When you call my name - dawes, Shattered - remy zero, Lullabye - sia, Girlfriend - phoenix, The biter end - blind pilot, Home - foo fighters, Soft serve- soul coughing, In the waiting line - zero 7, Paint or pollen - blind pilot, Daughter - loudon wainwright, Diamonds on the inside - ben harper, Hallelujah - jeff buckley, Naked as we came - iron & wine, Swell season - swell season, Heart of gold - neil young, Can't help falling in love - ingrid michaelson, Ragged wood - fleet foxes, You are the everything - rem, I summon you - spoon, I hear music - she & him, Bullet proof - radiohead, Conversation 16 - the national, Civilian - wye oak, Codex - radiohead, Uncle johns band - grateful dead, Control - mutemath

No comments:

Post a Comment