Monday, November 7, 2011

Nursery is DONE!!!

The nursery is done and I'm in love with it.  It is completely random, fun, colorful... all the things I hoped it would be. And I'm so glad we got it all done before Wilhelmina arrived. Check it out! :)


The W finally found its home :) Lots of blood, sweat & tears (well no tears) went into these goodies on the wall.  The mobile came from Kuhl-Linscomb http://www.kuhl-linscomb.com/showrooms.htm from the adorable company blabla http://www.blablakids.com/welcome
Essential skills for any newborn http://www.etsy.com/transaction/58717548 and such a sweet sentiment that's been helping me keep a positive perspective while we anxiously await Willie's arrival.    http://www.etsy.com/transaction/56896501
:)


My Edward Sharpe 'Home' paper collage finally found a home. Ha! My black baroque art prints http://www.etsy.com/shop/BlackBaroque?ref=seller_info are still looking lovely and here's another one of my etsy treasures.  http://www.etsy.com/transaction/55740281 Thanks to Pinterest and some extra ideas that have popped into my head, we are gonna have some fun photo shoots once Willie arrives.  Here's a sneak peak at one of the key components of one of the first ones. :)

IKEA + Vintage + Random + Goodies from friends and family = FUN!!! And Lou Lou of course too...  Here is my original inspiration for the changing table... http://pinterest.com/pin/245868460876245905/

You knew it would end up in here somewhere. :)

My A+++ helper surveying/QA'ing the final product

I'd been eyeballing this diaper bag to the left, my entire pregnancy.

Some more goodies from Mom

Finally finished up this wall. Of course we love, love, love Joe's painting http://www.jobastudios.com/ and it was wonderful to finally get the awesome green Mission desk from mom in the room and get these photos up. And now our awesome kitties from the Alameda Antique Faire have a perfect home and Amy's amazing quilt http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmyDunnDesigns can adorn the desk until Willie gets her paws on it and never lets go. :)

We ordered all of our pics from www.mpix.com.  I am so happy with the quality and service.  Thank goodness the post office didn't end up totally losing them. Almost did, but luckily they surfaced after just a couple days.




I initially bought this awesome height chart as a gift for a friend and then ended up buying one for us, right before we got pregnant.  It's super fun.  The giraffe picture has been in my bedroom, everywhere I've been, my entire life and now I think it's time it became my little girl's. :) And the amazing alphabet oil painting was done by my wonderful sister.  Eventually we'll have gorgeous handmade creations (an animal and a food) for every letter of the alphabet.  How gorgeous is this first one??? :)
I keep seeing all kinds of embroidery hoop fun and had to get in on it. I'm not an embroiderer by any means, but I took a stab with these two and a couple more that I'm still not sure I'm ready to display yet.  This one is a lyric from Dylan's 'Forever Young'. My dad and I and Scott and his mom danced to it at our wedding. :)

This is a lyric from 'Yellow' by Coldplay. At our wedding, our bridal party walked in to a string quartet version of the song and we played the real version of the song after the ceremony was complete.  Loved it!
We love all the love between our kitties and baby girl Bacon while we've been working on this room. The pregnancy and everything that's come with it has really seemed to bond all four of our furry babies. Can't wait til they meet their new little sister. :)

16 comments:

  1. I love it girl! You've got some incredible talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing!! I love how you brought all the different elements together. Kris and I want to know if you hire out??

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so fantastic!!!! I want my room to look that nice! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies!!! I'm so glad you like it. It was so fun to do. I'm sad it's all done. :) And sure, Stace, I'm up for doing it again if you guys would like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just found your blog via joni (lay baby lay) and LOVE your cross stitched song lyrics. this may be so dumb but could you post a tutorial on those? i would love to try my hand (with the guidance of a little how-to)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't forgotten about the tutorial. I'm a bit busy right now, but I will try to get to it soon. Sorry for the delay!

      Delete
  6. how fun, where is your crib from? same question for your chandelier?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and the chandelier is vintage. We found it in a shop in Florida.

      Delete
  7. Hi ladies :) Arre - I would love to do a tutorial for you. I'll get to work on it after Christmas. And Casey, the crib is from Babies R Us. It's a DaVinci crib. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11316566&searchURL=false

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the room. what is the name of the paint color you used? can't wait for the tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The room looks great!! We are working on a nursery too. Can you if you're willing tell us what color gray that is and where you got it? Thanks and nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! We used Sherwin Williams paint and the color was Gris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow this is great!! We were going to print this page and go to Sherwin Williams but this makes life even easier. Thanks again for the help and again it looks great, hope ours turns out this cool.

      Delete
  11. Love her room!! I'm having twins and this kind of concept allows me to stay neutral and use bright colors from their bedding to tie the room together.

    I was actually looking at the ikea solution you used and found it wasn't deep enough (only 15" or so) to fit standard size changing pads. Would you mind telling me where you got the one that fits on there? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would like to know the answer to TwinningTX's question as well...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would also like to know the answer to TwinningTX's question.

    ReplyDelete